February Psychology Month Recreation Therapy Month World Cancer Day - February 4* International Day of Zero Tolerance [...]
ST. JOHN’S - The Alpha Group of Pharmacies announced a donation of $5,000 to support immediate humanitarian efforts in Ukraine. On March 11th, Robert Doyle, President of The Alpha Group (pictured left) provided a cheque to Reid Eyre, Emergency Management Coordinator at Canadian Red Cross NL (pictured right) at their Major’s Path office for the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal.
Mr. Doyle is a pharmacist and pharmacy owner in St. John’s, who like many of his colleagues, watched the war and aggression against Ukraine unfold before the world. He stated, “As we see pharmacies in Ukraine remain open to provide essential medications and services to their community, our pharmacy community here at home wants to show support for Ukrainians and our pharmacy colleagues who continue to operate pharmacies in these traumatic times.” The donation by The Alpha Group of Pharmacies was made possible through the support of our pharmacy owners who are members of the Group.
- Avalon Drugs – Bay Roberts
- Baccalieu Trail Pharmacy – South River
- Baccalieu Trail Pharmacy – Spaniard’s Bay
- Baltimore Pharmacy – Ferryland
- Chapel Arm Pharmacy – Chapel Arm
- The Dispensary – Avondale
- Family Drug Mart – Bell Island
- Family Drug Mart – St. John’s
- Grand Falls Drug Store – Grand Fall-Windsor
- Health-e Choice Pharmacy – Clarenville
- The Medicine Cabinet – Port aux Basques
- Metro Pharmacy – St. John’s
- Neighbourhood Pharmacy – St. John’s
- Pouch Cove Pharmacy – Pouch Cove
- The Prescription Centre – Western Bay
- Shea Heights Pharmacy – St. John’s
- Skinner’s Pharmacy – Stephenville Crossing
- Smallwood’s Pharmacy – Port Saunders
- Tricon Pharmacy – Old Perlican
- Villa Nova Pharmacy – Conception Bay South
- Virginia Park Pharmacy – St. John’s
- Welsh’s Pharmacy – Heart’s Delight-Islington
- Whitbourne Drug Mart – Whitbourne
- White Rose Pharmacy – St. John’s
The Alpha Group of Pharmacies encourages other pharmacy organizations to help support relief efforts by donating to the Canadian Red Cross. The Government of Canada will match 100 per cent of donations made for the Appeal up to a maximum of $30 million.
About The Alpha Group
The Alpha Group is an independent pharmacy ownership group in Newfoundland and Labrador providing patients, clients and community with essential health care services.