Get the Shot Book your COVID-19 vaccine when you are eligible! Newfoundlanders and Labradorians are being vaccinated ag [...]
Once the people in Phase 1 have been immunized and additional vaccine supply becomes available, these groups will be prioritized for vaccination:
- Adults 70 years of age and older, starting with those 80 years and older;
- Adults who identify as First Nations, Inuit or Métis;
- Staff, residents, and essential visitors at congregate living settings (shelters, group homes, transition houses, correctional facilities, and children or youth residential settings);
- Adults 60 to 69 years of age;
- Adults in marginalized populations where infection could have disproportionate consequences (e.g. people experiencing homelessness or with precarious housing arrangements);
- First responders (including career and volunteer firefighters, police officers, border services, and search and rescue crew);
- Frontline health care workers who were not immunized in Phase 1 and who may come into direct contact with patients (includes private health care workers);
- People ages 16 to 59 who are clinically extremely vulnerable (as defined in the COVID-19 Immunization Plan and following consultation with their health care provider);
- People who are required to regularly travel in and out of the province for work, including truck drivers and other rotational workers;* and
- Frontline essential workers who have direct contact with the public and cannot work from home during Alert Level 5.
*People who live in Labrador or Quebec that cross the Labrador-Quebec border every day for work are not included in this group.
Online Preregistration for 70+ years of age
In preparation for next phase of roll out, 70+ years of age can preregister for COVID vaccinations either through COVID Website or by calling 1-833-668-3930. Pre-registration will start as follows:
- Last names beginning with A-F – preregister today to Sunday (Feb 26 – 28)
- Last names beginning with G-L – preregister Monday to Wednesday (Mar 1 – 3)
- Last names beginning with M-Z – preregister Thursday to Saturday (Mar 4 – 6)
- After March 7th open preregistration to anyone 70+
Those already vaccinated in this age category do not need to register.